At the Aaiyyan World Foundation we respect the privacy of our members. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain in detail the 'personal information' we may collect about you, how we use it and how we ensure we keep it safe.
'Personal information' means information about a living individual who can be identified from that information (either by itself or when it is combined with other information).
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time and we will communicate any changes to you in addition to publishing the updated Privacy Notice on our website
If you have any further questions then please contact us at email@example.com
Who we are
This privacy notice applies to all personal information processing activities carried out by the Aaiyyan World Foundation. Our contact details can be found at www.aaiyyan.org
Personal Data is collected directly from you through many processes whilst we provide a service to you.
- When you complete the registration form
- When you email us
- When you contact us in any way
What information do we collect about you
The personal information that we collect about you is used only to communicate with you effectively and let you know about our free services, such as training material, ebooks and prayers.
- Registration form: We collect this information: your name, postal address, and email address.
- Email: We collect this information: your name, postal address, and email address.
How we use your information and why
- The personal information you provide on the registration form and email enables us to contact you and send you free material.
- We will use the contact details you give us on the registration form (or email) if we need to contact you regarding Aaiyyanism (such as new podcasts, ebooks and material relating to Aaiyyanism). Our legal basis for the collection and processing of this data is 'Consent'
- Using your registered email, we will send you information about Aaiyyanism, our services, and other information regarding Aaiyyanism. Our legal basis for the processing of this data is 'Consent'
- We will respond to your queries. We will process the information you send us to enable us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. Our legal basis for the processing of this data is 'Consent'
- Only with your consent we will use your personal data and preferences to keep you informed by email about news concerning Aaiyyanism. Our legal basis therefore for processing this data is 'Consent'
How we protect your data
- Any personal information that you provide is kept secure.
- All our electronic data is stored in an encrypted SQLlite database.
- All Personal data is accessed using secured devices.
- We also ensure that any organisations that provide data processing on the Aaiyyan World Foundations behalf also meet GDPR standards and processes for the protection of your data.
How long do we keep your data for
Any information that you provide is kept secure. Data that is no longer required is erased if you decide to unregister as an Aaiyyanist. We do need to retain certain types of data (such as records of complaints) for set periods of time, but we delete as much personal data as we can as soon as possible.
Who do we share your data with (Data Processors)
We will only share personal information about you or your child with another organisation if we:
- have a safeguarding concern about you or anyone in your care
- are required to by government bodies or law enforcement agencies
- engage a supplier to process data on our behalf (Data Processor)
Data processors that we currently use to run our services are listed below:>
We will only send you direct marketing to inform you of any fundraising events, information about Aaiyyanism e.g. new podcasts, newsletters, campaigns etc. There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
You have the right to ask to see the data that we have about yourself, and to ask for any errors to be corrected. For any information requests or corrections, you wish to make, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will confirm receipt within 72hrs and respond to all such requests within one month.
You can also ask for the data to be deleted, but note that:
- you will no longer receive any emails from us, unless you email us again
If you have a complaint about how we have kept your information secure, or how we have responded to a request to access, update or erase your data, you can refer us to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
Issue Version: 1.0
Issue Date: 24/05/2018